Taj Mahal Fresh Market Blog
Our Blog to educate our customers about the healthy food, around the world recipes, our latest products and news from the food industry.
FALAFEL WITH CHILI
- FALAFEL MIX
- Use Ziyad Brothers Falafel Mix or make it using these ingredients.
- 1 c Ziyad Falafel mix, or
- 8 oz (225g) Ziyad Chick Peas
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 slices of white bread, soaked in a little water
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1 tsp. coriander, ground
- 1 tsp. cumin, ground
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- Sultan Olive Oil for frying
- CHILI MIX INGREDIENTS
- ¾ cup of warm water
- 2 tbls corn oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 can chopped Tomatoes (28oz)
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 1 oz. pkt. of your favorite chilis
- 1-15.5oz can of Ziyad chick peas
- 1 Tsp of hot sauce (optional)
(This recipe describes making the falafel fro scratch, but you can also use a pre-made Falafel Mix from Ziyad Brothers.)
Soak the chick peas overnight.
Place in pot, cover with water and boil until tender (usually 60 minutes).
Crush or blend the cooked chick peas into a purée.
Mix bread and chick peas. Knead well for a few minutes.
Let mixture sit for about 2 hours. Roll mixture into small meatballs sizes.
FRY THE FALAFEL:
Using a small pan with a two inch lip, pour 1 inch of olive oil in the pan. Heat the pan to frying consistency.
Carefully place several of the prepared falafel balls into the fryer. PLEASE BE CAREFUL. USE CAUTION.
Remove when browned. (about 2 minutes). Remove carefully and set on cooling plate.
CHILI MIX DIRECTIONS
Mix all ingredients in pot
Heat for 45 minutes on medium fire, stirring constantly
Add mint or parsley garnish for presentation
Sprinkle with cheese and diced onions