Taj Mahal Fresh Market Blog
Our Blog to educate our customers about the healthy food, around the world recipes, our latest products and news from the food industry.
WHITE BEAN MEAT STEW
- 1 can Ziyad Brand White Kidney beans
- 1 lb. cubed lean beef meat or lamb
- 1 tbsp Sultan Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 5 cups warm water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp Ziyad Cinnamon Powder
- 1/4 tsp Ziyad All Spice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tomato (diced)
- Optional Ingredients, to taste
- 3 large carrots (optional)
- Mushrooms (12 whole,sliced thin) Optional
- 1/4 Cup of Red Cooking Wine (Optional)
- 1 dozen Mushrooms, slice into large portions
- 1 can of Beans (red, black beans or garbanzo beans)
- 1/2 cup red wine (optional)
In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat.
Stir-fry the beef cubes in two batches, 1 to 2 minutes each, or until the outside is no longer pink.
Remove from skillet and season with salt and pepper.
In the same skillet, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil over medium heat until hot.
Add carrots, (slice and then quarter) stir-fry for 3 minutes, then add the onions and stir-fry 5-8 minutes more, until crisp-tender.
Stir in mushrooms (sliced and halved) and (optional) red wine. Continue stir-frying 5 minutes.
Stir in beans and tomatoes.
Continue cooking 3 more minutes. Return the cooked beef to the skillet.
Cook 2-5 minutes more until just heated through