- 4 tablespoons butter, Ziyad Pure Butter
- 1 large Spanish onion diced
- 1 small Italian green pepper,
- 1-1/2 cups washed and drained cracked wheat/Ziyad Cracked Wheat #2
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seedless
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground red peppers
- 2 1/2 cups chicken or beef stock or homemade stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped parsley
Soak 1 bag of cracked wheat (course) in 1/8 cup water, 1/8 cup olive oil.
Allow to soak for 10 minutes. Simmer burgul in a frying pan using 1/4 stick of butter for 10 minutes, constantly stirring....