Taj Mahal Fresh Market Blog
Our Blog to educate our customers about the healthy food, around the world recipes, our latest products and news from the food industry.
BULGHUR PILAF WITH PEPPERS AND TOMATOES
- 4 tablespoons butter, Ziyad Pure Butter
- 1 large Spanish onion diced
- 1 small Italian green pepper,
- 1-1/2 cups washed and drained cracked wheat/Ziyad Cracked Wheat #2
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seedless
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground red peppers
- 2 1/2 cups chicken or beef stock or homemade stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped parsley
Soak 1 bag of cracked wheat (course) in 1/8 cup water, 1/8 cup olive oil.
Allow to soak for 10 minutes. Simmer burgul in a frying pan using 1/4 stick of butter for 10 minutes, constantly stirring.
Add diced peppers, diced tomatoes and diced onions and simmer 5 more minutes.
Spice to desired taste.
You may also add curry, depending on flavor.
Place in casserole add chicken or beef stock and bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot.